Thursday 18 June 2015

Dear Sarah, The One With the Doctor Who Quotes

In your last blog post you challenged me to list my favourite Doctor Who episodes (Challenge Accepted!!) but there is one slight flaw in that plan....Last year I already did that!! (see that blog post here!) So i've decided to list my favourite Doctor Who quotes. And granted some will overlap with some quotes i've used on the other post but hey, this wasn't thought through very well!!

So in true Doctor Who style... GERONIMO!!!

  • Hey, I'm the Doctor! I can save the universe with a kettle and some sting and look at me! I'm wearing a vegetable! (Time Crash)
  • Books! The best weapons in the world! (Tooth and Claw)
  • Donna: Agatha Christie didn't walk around surrounded by murders, not really. I mean that's like meeting Charles Dickens, and he's surrounded by ghosts, at Christmas. The Doctor: Well.... Donna: Oh come on! It's not like we could drive across country and find Enid Blyton having Tea with Noddy. Could we? Noddy's not real. Is he? Tell me there's no Noddy! The Doctor: There's no Noddy!
  • Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink.(Blink)
  • We're all stories, in the end.... just make it a good one. (The Big Bang)
  • "I'm charging you too! Aiding and abetting!" "Yes, I'll just step inside this police box and arrest myself." (Planet of the Dead)
  • We all change, when you think about it. We're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay, that's good, you've got to keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. (The Time of The Doctor)
  • Look at these people. These human beings. Consider their potential. From the day they arrive on the planet, and blinking step into the sun. There is more to see than can ever be seen. More to do than --No, Hold on... Sorry, That's the Lion King. (The Christmas Invasion)
  • People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey...stuff. (Blink)
  • Worst. Rescue. Ever! (The End of Time Part 2)
My second favourite quote, from my second favourite ever episode (Robot of Sherwood)

"I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor. And this is my spoon! En Garde!!"

And my favourite quote, from my favourite ever episode (Vincent and the Doctor)

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't always spoil the good things and make them unimportant."

I have probably forgotten some but hey ho!! And so until next time, 

Allons-y Alonso!!!



And how can you not love that face!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment